Wednesday, November 7, 2007
3 year old mocking
So as some of you know in my new job I have quite a few spanish speaking kiddos. And as many of you also know I don't speak spanish... quite the conundrum. Well, I guess I should clarify. I have taken spanish in middle school, 3 years of high school and I year of college. It sounds like I should have some basic spanish skill but alas any ofyou that have taken foreign language classes know the truth. Well yesterday I was working with one of my spanish speaking little girls by myself (she works better without the translator). We usually do alright. My toddler level spanish and her being a toddler is usually ok. Well yesterday I told her to do something and she started laughing, I asked her what she was laughing about and she proceded to correct me becuase I had said "passita" and it was "passito." Then i was telling her to do something else and she began laughing a second time and corrected me again and then promptly shook her head and replied "Stephanie, Stephanie." Sweet! I am officially humbled in my spanish speaking skills. So there you go I have officially been regulated by a 3 year old! Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh! I am sure they love you!!! How fun stuff. You coming to town anytime soon???
oh Ps...that last one was Wein! :)
Post a Comment